I’ve spent some time recently working on a header image for this site. I didn’t really like the default the theme was using, and I wanted something a little more memorable. You can see my current results at the top.
I have had some design training, and I like working with text. It can just be a little tricky at times. For example, I use two fonts in the header image: one for the site name and another for the tagline. Originally, I had used a script-based font for the tagline, because I like scripts. Looking at it again this morning, I realized there was too much similarity between the two fonts. They were clearly different (to me, anyway), but not different enough. So I switched to a sans serif font for the tagline, and I think it looks much better. Continue reading